11 May 2016

New Beginnings: That time I stopped booktubing and started blogging and bookstagramming?

Okay that's a pretty long title, but it pretty much sums it all up. I've stopped booktubing...so now what? Well, I'd like to really focus on blogging/goodreads and bookstagram. Making videos is a ton of work that I just don't have time to do anymore and my passion for the actual video making part is sort of gone. Don't get me wrong I LOVE watching booktube and I've met some of my best friends on there, but I didn't want to half ass my videos anymore. So the passion for video making is gone, but my passion for reading and books is just as strong as ever which leads me here, friends. It's almost like I'm starting over which can be sort of scary, but I don't want to stop being a part of the bookish internet community. I just want to be a part of it in a different way. So let's get to know each other all over again.

Hi. Hello. I'm Jillian. I'm 30. I'm a nurse who loves dat YA FICTION. I work full time, but in my free time I enjoy trying to read all the books while buying all the books (it's an endless cycle that will inevitably end in me buried under a HUGE pile of unread books).

Let's see I love The Raven Cycle. It's my fave. Let me refer you to this vsco'ed out bookstagram worthy picture here:


See how much I love it. SEEEEEE. But really this is ONE of my sets of The Raven Cycle. I have a pristine pretty set that's autographed by Maggie Stiefvater who is my queen that  NO ONE is allowed to touch. 

I also really like aesthetics. You'll find me scrolling through tumblr and pinterest searching for YA book aesthetics. It's pretty much how I choose 85% of the books that I read...which is most of them. So you may see me posting my own aesthetics here one day because I used to be a boss with photoshop and I want to relearn.

I also really like gifs. I pretty much communicate with gifs at least 50% of the time. Here's one for posterity.

This is real. This is me.

And I enjoy fanmixes. So you might see those here. I've been dabbling in making my own. 

Let's see I think that's all things books and fangirl...I also really like to eat at good restaurants so maybe I'll even post some foodie pics here. OH i also have a bookstagram which I'll post some photos from there over here. I feel like I'm all over the place, but like i said this is real THIS IS ME. 

OH AND OBVI, I will post book reviews with gifs! and fun stuff. And if you're looking for someone super critical over here, I'm just gonna have to point you in the other direction. I'm just not super critical. I like what I like. And sometimes I love ALOT of the books I read. BUT if there is something that I don't like about a book or is problematic I'm not afraid to acknowledge it. BUT STILL, i have many problematic faves. you've been warned.

Anyways...I hope this introduction wasn't all over the place. I also hope you stick around because I wanna talk about books with you.




5 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOUR BOOKTUBE CHANNEL and I'm going to miss seeing and hearing you! However, blogging is also an amazing outlet and I'm really glad that you'll be active here! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my gosh thank you so much!! i'm ready to move on, but you never know in the distant future right? BUT thank you so much for commenting here and taking the time to check out my blog i really appreciate it :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so sad you are no longer filming videos, but I'm glad you are staying active in the Bookternet community!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! i'm a little sad about it too, but for now, it's what i needed. but thank you for keeping up with me here! i really appreciate it <3

      Delete
  3. I honestly thought you dropped off from the face of the earth and I was so sad, but then I went to your About section in YT and you moved to here now!! Aww, well I miss your videos, but glad you're still active in the bookish community! ♡

    ReplyDelete